Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fort Lauderdale 2009-2010

Day at the hospital

Jan 8, 2010 is an experience to be remembered for me for sure!!! 1st time in an ambulance, 1st time being treated as a patient in the Emergency Room, and 1st time staying at the hospital (in the States!!!) And of course, 1st time having kidney stone... It's a memorable experience but not an experience to share, and I surely don't wish this to anyone!


Although, I must admit that the service at the hospital is much more efficient and pleasant than in Montreal. Within few hours, I had a CT scan and a surgery to remove the stone. When i ring to call the nurse, I don't have to wait half an hour. They're in the room almost instantly. I think they have like a nurse for every 2 patient or something.

At the hospital, they scan everything! I have a barcoded bracelet, where all medications, food, IV's, everything everything is scanned (even a pair of socks they gave me)... I just hope that the insurance will cover all the charges, cuz i think it might be quite a HUGE bill...

At the hospital, I had a Christian roomate. We actually said the Lord's Prayer and prayed together. Amen!!!

Still need to go back for another small surgery to remove a "ureteral stent"... Not really looking forward to that part...


Life is so fragile! We learn to appreciate it only the hard way...

Kidney Stone at 32, well, gotta be on a diet now :(



Day 8 until Jan 5 pictures
Florida 2009-2010 Day 8 to Jan 5

No comments: